You can help protect yourself and your household during and immediately after a catastrophe by making a disaster plan and a disaster kit. You and all members of your household need to be able to take care of yourselves without outside help for at least 3 days.
Special considerations include keeping food safe to eat, sheltering-in-place, and discussing a disaster with children.
Download, save or print this guide before a disaster happens!
- Texans, Get Ready! (English, eBook)
- Texans, Get Ready! (English, pdf)
- Texans, Get Ready! (Spanish, pdf)
- Farmers & Ranchers, Get Ready! (English, pdf)
This guide book includes the following sections:
- Make a Disaster Plan
- Create a Disaster Supplies Kit
- Pet Care
- Maintain Your Kit!
- Food Safety
- Deciding to Stay or Go
- Discussing a Disaster with Children
- More Information